A community rich in hope is wealthy beyond measure.
We know true wealth is counted in more than dollars and cents. That’s why we’re as passionate about making a difference in our community as we are about creating wealth, opportunity, and security for our clients. Wherever we feel a personal connection to the issues, and wherever help is needed most, we are ready to lend a hand.
We are thrilled to continue to be a part of the annual DC Newsbash as they support a local breast cancer care charity.
Barry was recently named the 2019 Community Award Honoree, as we supported this year's cause: Capital Breast Care Center.
Check out 2018's video from the event.
NewsBash for Breast Cancer
Glassman Wealth Services is proud and honored to be a sponsor of the NewsBash for Breast Cancer. An unprecedented event, the NewsBash for Breast Cancer unites anchorwomen from every major news network in the D.C. metropolitan area to shine a collective light on breast cancer causes. Click HERE for more information.
The Ryan Kerrigan Leukemia Golf Classic
Glassman Wealth Services has supported the The Ryan Kerrigan Leukemia Golf Classic for several years, and participated in the event for the past three years. It's an incredible opportunity to not only support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as they push for a cure, but also a chance to meet some of the inspiring young survivors who have fought this horrible disease. Read more about it here.
American Odyssey Relay
Glassman Wealth Services is proud to be a sponsor of the American Odyssey Relay, a twenty-four hour, two hundred mile relay race from Gettysburg to Washington, DC. 100% of the GWS sponsorship dollars goes to support The Hope Connection for Cancer Support.
Hope Connections for Cancer Support
Glassman Wealth Services was awarded the Hope Connections Partnership Award in March 2016 for our support of this incredible organization over the years.
The Hope Connection for Cancer Support helps people affected by cancer enhance their health and well-being through participation in a professional program of emotional support, education and hope. Find out more at at www.hopeconnectionsforcancer.org
Previously our flagship charity event, Chef Night, has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars towards advancing a cure for brain tumors. Conceived by Barry Glassman, president of Glassman Wealth Services, Chef Night pairs an extravagant tasting menu with some of the best wines from around the world. All proceeds went to the National Brain Tumor Society for research grants and patient support programs.
Operation First Response
Operation First Response, Inc., supports our nation’s Wounded Heroes and their families with personal and financial needs. Services are provided from the onset of injury, throughout their recovery period and along their journey from military life into the civilian world. To know more, go to www.operationfirstresponse.org.
World Central Kitchen
Jose Andres brings his passions for the “power of foor” to the World Central Kitchen – a humanitarian organization that focuses on smart solutions to hunger and poverty. To learn more, go to www.worldcentralkitchen.org
Cassidy & Pinkard Colliers Race for Hope
During Barry Glassman’s tenure as Chairman of the Race for Hope, the event raised over $7 million to advance a cure for brain tumors.
Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation
Glassman Wealth Services is proud to support the Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation. This great organization supports economically disadvantaged mothers and infants in Arlington, Virginia by helping them get access to quality pre and postnatal healthcare and support.
Investment News Community Leadership Award
Barry receives the Invest in Others Community Leadership Award for his continued dedication and service to his community.
More on Glassman Wealth Services Giving Back
New laws for 2018 tax returns resulted in only 8% of taxpayers itemizing their deductions 1. This means that the remaining 92% of Americans no longer receive any tax benefits for their charitable contributions. This article shows how to recapture lost tax deductions for charitable contributions. First, a couple of facts on tax deductions: for…Read More
I am always happy to spend some time out on a golf course, but the opportunity to support a good cause makes it significantly more meaningful. This past Monday my colleague, Colin Gerrety, and I had the opportunity to participate in the Ryan Kerrigan Leukemia Golf Classic alongside some friends. Glassman Wealth has been a…Read More
Open letter to the Newswomen who Bashed Breast Cancer last night: Bravo. What an exceptional event last night! Thanks to you, a sell-out crowd witnessed an emotional and inspirational evening; all while changing the lives of women of the District. You were able to raise over $40,000 that will go directly to saving lives and giving…Read More