An important part of the culture here at Glassman Wealth Services is giving back to the communities where we live. This past Saturday our team was able to get together outside of the office to support the Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation’s annual 5k fundraiser.
Giving Back: Supporting the Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation
This great organization supports economically disadvantaged mothers and infants in Arlington, Virginia by helping them get access to quality pre and postnatal healthcare and support. Some of the great work this organization does includes:
- Funding medical care for infants of low-income and uninsured families
- Providing pack-and-plays to families in need so that newborns have a safe place to sleep
- Helping low-income mothers with pre-natal monitoring for conditions such as hypertension
- Providing pre-natal care to low-income mothers so they have access to ultrasounds and other non-stress tests
- Providing safe transportation to appointments for expectant mothers
We believe so much in the mission of this group that we are proud to have sponsored their annual 5k. Not only did some of our team donate their time to volunteer and help make this event possible, but we even had a few runners on the course that morning.
The event had an incredible turnout, with more than 500 runners registered for the 5k, local middle school bands and cheerleaders lining the course to raise the runner’s spirits, and two of the National’s Racing Presidents came out to host the children’s fun-runs. It was inspiring to see the community come together and support this cause, knowing that it would make a difference in the lives of hundreds.
All proceeds from the race will support pre and postnatal medical care for low-income, expectant mothers and their newborn children which will be provided by Virginia Hospital Center and Arlington Pediatric Center.
If you didn’t make it to the race and would like to make a difference, you can donate to the foundation on their website.
Here are just a few photos from the event. For more photos, visit the Jennifer Bush-Lawson Foundation page on Facebook.
Latest posts by Julia Skinner (see all)
- Barry Glassman Interviewed on Federal News Radio - November 30, 2018
- Is Your Broker Changing Firms? Should You Stay, Or Should You Go? - October 17, 2018
- Glassman Wealth Named Inc. Best Workplace 2018 - May 31, 2018